- Yes. But that by itself will not get the insurance to pay for the flood damage. Most property insurance does not cover flooding.
- Yes. Good answer.
- Yes and No. If you have flood insurance, it does not matter if you live in a flood zone or not. People in flood zones are usually required to have flood insurance.
- Yes. You have to have had the policy for at least 30 days.
- Yes. If you have basement insurance in your flood insurance, a basement is a location that you step up from to the ground level . If it is on ground level, it is not considered a basement.
- No. Hurricane damage is usually not covered by flood insurance.
- No. Usually the premiums for island or coastal areas can be up to 10x as much as regular flood zone insurance.
Randy's parents answered all the questions honestly and correctly. Within a few weeks, Randy's foster parents presented him with a check covering the water damage to his equipment. The insurance company had paid them back for everything that had been ruined in the storm. He and his band were excited!